Some highlights of the release are:
- compiler, stdlib:
- New preprocessor macros ?FUNCTION_NAME, ?FUNCTION_ARITY
- New preprocessor directives -error(Term) and -warning(Term) to cause a compilation error or warning, respectively.
- gen_statem a new state machine behavior
- mnesia_ext: plugin of external storage solutions to mnesia
- crypto: uses EVP interface in OpenSSL resulting in generally better performance and support for HW acceleration
- ssh: performance improvements, uses the new gen_statem behavior
- ssl: enhanced error log messages
- dialyzer: the support for maps is very much extended both the type specification syntax and the type analysis.
- erlang:open_port(spawn, …) 3-5 times faster
- tracing, extensive improvements (scalability, speed, match specifications on send/receive, support for lttng, …)
- dirty schedulers improved
- per process configurable handling of message_queue
- fast loading of multiple modules
- max_heap_size process flag
Experimental support for Unix Domain Sockets
- and much more ….
Packages are up! Ubuntu, Centos, Debian, OS X and more: www.erlang-solutions.com/resources/download.html